Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Snowing

It’s snowing like troops of angels gracefully descending from heaven.

I got some more cut work done, one or two of the flowers are actually looking like flowers. If I do NOT get another chapter to revise I will finally reload the program that lets me download pictures and then send them so you can see the mess I’ve created.

I got another batch of Osterfrisieses milcheschaffe (East Friesian Milk Sheep) wool spun, plied and skeined. This brings me to a total of 1020 meters of yarn for the warp for the blankets I will make. I need at least another 1000 meters before I will wind the warp.

Before I spin more Osterfriesies wool, I will do some samples in Corriedale to see if I dare spin the wool for the belt warp. I have two samples set out, each about 1 gram. I need to have at least 10 meters of yarn before I can proceed. Actually I need yarn that is 84 x 2 tex, so that means the yarn I spin must be about 12-13 meters long in order to be the correct thickness. I am stating with singles, a single thickness, because that is what must be right before I ply it.

Smiles,
Susanne

No comments: