Saturday, December 19, 2009

Between loads of Laundry

I am between loads of laundry, Saturday morning being my usual laundry day. The apartment block has one laundry room with one washer so I mind the clock rather closely so I can get full use of my two hour time block.

I didn't get any cut work done yesterday. I did manage to do some spinning, still for the blanket. Until this current bobbin of singles is finished, plied and wound off I really cannot start spinning for my belt.

I have been thinking of Tex - the metric count system for classifying yarn thickness. I am not sure if my digital scale can measure 0.084 grams. I may be doing this more "by guess and by gosh" than I care to do. Such is life.

Spent yesterday actually getting my tax return and then enjoyed spending a little of it on gifts. Evilly, I think I spent more on myself! I bought wool fabric to make a skirt and possibly a vest, or add trim to the skirt.

Had a great time visiting with Funlayo and family on Thursday evening and, with just Funlayo on Friday morning. We managed a little shopping for Jory's new baby.

Back to work for me. All sorts of things to do, including that dissertation that needs checking.

Smiles,
Susanne

No comments: