Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wow it's been a while!

I realized today as I lazed on the sofa that it's been almost a week since I posted anything here. So what - you might be asking - has been keeping me so very busy?

Um, well I don't know.... Let me think. I did some spinning last week and this week - trying to get ready for a pre Christmas sale somewhere, sometime and hoping that something will appeal to someone....

But no, you're right, that has not taken all my time. It seems that I was very busy on Saturday -but I can't remember what I was doing, so it was probably just routine things like cooking dog food and baking bread. Then Sunday I was desperate for a pineappple Upside down cake recipe, found one on the Internet that sounded good, made a copy and went to make the cake... only to find I didn't have half the ingedients according to the recipe... so I started substituting stuff. It came out okay. We were doing a hush-hush celebration of a friend's birthday (she doesn't like to celibrate). Once that was in the oven, I made cheese horns. I took out a jar of Cloudberry jam that I'd made and tucked that into my basket as well. The cake came out and went into the basket, the Cheese Horns went into the oven and when they came out it was time to go.

We spent the day at a lovely "cottage" (a wee bit too large for that nomer in my book but "what's in a name...?" as the immortal Bard asked) on a lake where all we saw was beautiful fall color and a family of swans overhead. Well one of us saw, a wee bit to close for comfort, a Finnish adder and got bitten. He had to go to the hopital and was fine. The day ended with the usual roasting of various Finnish "sausages" (we had bratwurst).

Monday and tuesday I was fairly busy with various "Work" things but in the evening I knew I was getting sick. Very sore throat. Today it has been worse - which is why I was lolligagging around on the sofa thinking of this blog while trying a project a dear friend had sent me back in May for my birthday. I will take a picture or two -for laughts - when it shows a bit more progress.

Smiles,
Susanne

No comments: