Thursday, October 9, 2008

Still learning this game

I am still learning where to find things in the blogging environment - they are not as self evident as I thought they would be.

I didn't post anything yesterday because I had so many things to do. Last night was my "knitting" group. We call ourselves "puikkoset". That is Finnish for "needles". Most use knitting needles but some use crochet hooks, one uses a tatting reel, I use drop spindles and looms (and knitting needles) and some use sewing needles. We meet every Wednesday evening in each other's homes. Last night we met at Pirkko's. Pirkko is a doll-maker and has won international awards for her dolls. This is a picture - not the best one, sorry - of Pirkko and one of her dolls. Next week Pirkko will teach tatting to many of us. I will not be able to go then.

When I got home from Puikkoset, I walked the dogs. It was a beautiful night with the moon (half moon) hung low in the sky and surrounded by a haze of mist. The mist meant it was getting cold. The moon always looks so big when it is low on the horizon like that.

This morning I spent spinning. I need to make many different "hanks" of yarn for sale. There is a "fair" coming in November and I need to spin enough to sell - at least I hope some of it sells. If it does not sell then I can always make something with it.


Here is a picture of me. My daughter took it last night too. I wove the scarf you see on my shoulder.


2 comments:

Crigen said...

What a beautiful scarf! That's exactly Shirley's color palette. Mine is different so we never fight over fabric. You are so talented! How many women are in your "Talented Women of Finland" group? Your picture is great!

sulokale9 said...

I was experimenting with left over yarn and thinking AUTUMN colors so that's whatr I went for. The number of women vary but we are a core of six and have occasionally reached as many as 15.