Saturday, December 27, 2008

More Wool and Mutts

Just before Christmas my dear friend Heather (also my spinning mentor) sent me a marvelous package of fiber. It arrived - hand delivered to my door no less - on Dec 23, just in the nick of time. I could hardly wait to break into the box. Here are some of the wools she sent.

On the left is a grey wool from a Lincoln breed of sheep. This particular wool feels very nice soft and open. The broen in the middle is actually varigated with some lovely colors thrown in. The grey on the right is all natural - undyed. We aren't sure of the sheep breeds for the brown or grey on the right.
Here's a close up of the grey - about the same as my own hair color!. Sorry my tiny sample is out of focus.

This is a better view of the colors in the brown. Aren't they lovely? And the wool is incredibly soft!



Here like inverted commas are the mutts. That's May on the left and Breaker on the right. This is the corner of my sheet covered sofa. The sheets collect most of the dirt and dog hair and come off quickly so that visitors do not leave covered in "dalmatian tweed".
Smiles,
Susanne


No comments: