Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Where have I been?

Where have I been? Actually I haven't left town at all. First I had a visitor then I had the flu. Before the flu "struck me down" I manged to finish knitting my mittens - you can find an earlier blog where I wrote about the wool.



And while I was down witht the flue I started knitting a hat - you'll see that when it is done... but let me say here that the "pattern" I was following ... well, it was more complicated than my skill level. So don't expect too much.

Remember the pictures of my grandgirls spinning? Well below on the left is some of the wool they carded - I spun it. The white is rather thin and I will be carding (and washing and carding) and spinning much more just like it. It is thin so it can be woven. This is my sample. I plan on making a waffle weave blanket. The tan on the right is one of my favorites: more Coburger Fox Sheep. This one is incredibly soft and nicely lofty. It will be warm and cuddly.


And below is more of the tri-color wool my daughter ordered (skein 4 and 5) for a sweater she is knitting. This is Corriedale wool from New Zealand (Ashford) in their Pansy (pink), Lilac and Magenta. When the sweater is done I'll have to get a picture of it too.


Smiles,
Susanne



No comments: