Wednesday, January 7, 2015

More carding

I was all set to card more of my wonderful Voburger Fuchsshaffe (Coberg Fox sheep) wool, but decided against it. Instead i chose to finish carding the Osterfiesies MilcheShaffe (East Friesian Milk Sheep) wool, AND to blend some of it with some mohair my dear friend (and spinning teacher) Heather had sent me.... a L-O-N-G time ago.

With my handy book The Ashford Book of Carding open to the section on blending fibers. I got busy. I thought the mohair was a blond color that would show up on the white wool. Instead it sort of disappeared. Ah well. Perhaps when it is spun?

Sorry about the photos and text being off. I tried to fix things but...


I start with a batt of carded wool.
















Then I elongate the batt length-wise.
















Then I spread the bat wider width-wise. Now it is ready for me to add mohair on the half near the table edge.
















Then it is time to fold the other half over the part with the mohair.



The sandwich closed.








A sandwiched batt streached out and ready to card. Also my mohair and book.

 

No comments: