Thursday, February 23, 2012

Taking a "Break"

Do you know how to walk? Lift foot, move foot forward, put foot down, shift weight, lift other foot...

On Feb thirteenth I took the dogs out for their mid-day walk and... Somewhere in the process of putting my left foot down and lifting my right foot, I realized my left foot was sliding, slipping, and the next thing I knew I was sitting down saying "Oh fuddle!" My left hand hit the ground before the rest of me did.  There is a feel to a broken bone. I knew my arm was broken.  I gave the dogs a mini mini walk, got them in, sent emails to employers saying "I'm going to the hospital. My arm is broken, please tell everyone", and called a taxi.

At the hospital they took off my mittens, watch, rings... and I went to see the doctor, have x-rays, see the doctor (again), get the arm set - two men pulling my arm in opposite directions until the bone is in place: AH!;  have more x-rays, and see the doctor (one more time).

I have lots of free time but I can't DOOOOOOOOOOOOOO any handiwork with my left arm in a cast!!!

No comments: