Sunday, January 22, 2012

Spinning

This morning I woke up and knew that to complete the spinning requirements for Norn (master spinner in the SCA Guild The Company of the Silver Spindle http://kws.atlantia.sca.org/ ) I would have to get a plan for accomplishing all the work (http://kws.atlantia.sca.org/charter.html#ranks  see Norn).

I have two problems: 1) I don't want to spin JUST for the Norn. I want to spin other things too. 2) I OUGHT to spin the rest of the fiber for my national dress project.

So I've come up with a plan. One Norn skein per month until summer, then I can spin other things, once the Norn skein is done. During the summer two Norn skeins per month, and work on spinning the yarn for the National dress project. I may end up scheduling another Conference day for my spinning.

After debating whether to start with spinning Cotton or Silk, I took out Holda Siobhan's spindle and some flax... One skein wet, one dry and one three ply... each skein at least 50 g. Okay I know what to do and can get busy.  White or natural?

I forgot that I also need to get out and start collecting nettle. Yes it's mid-winter, but it is recognizable, and because it is midwinter the nettle is already retted, so it only needs to dry out before breaking and hacking and spinning - that's exotic fiber for you...

Oh, yeah, I got the camera to work. but deleted more pictures than I saved. Really have to learn to use the camera.

No comments: