Friday, May 15, 2009

Dandelions and Yoga

Today two enterprising young entrepreneurs (aged four?) knocked on my door, selling lovely fresh bouquets of dandelions - for 5 Euro a pop. I did admire those lovely fresh flowers, which are coming up everywhere, but was too frugal to take the leap. I am not sure if I wonder more about their success, their price, or what they would have done with the money if I had bought the flowers.

The other day, I think it was Tuesday, I began to do yoga again. My legs have taken to feeling pins & needles too much of the time due to all the sitting I do. After spending the morning walking - with no improvement, I decided more drastic action was necessary to "stir things up" in my sluggish ageing sedentary system, so I unburied my yoga book and began. Gracious how STIFF I am! I remember being able to get into most of the yoga positions once upon a time many moons ago. Not any more. Not anywhere NEAR. No matter. I will give myself a year to limber up building slowly ... actually rebuilding. Now my morning routine includes some yoga. Already I am feeling the results: muscles waking up, mumbling sleepily "you wanted us again?" I am trying to coax them awake. The thing I really notice is that after doing the little that I do I really feel much more alive. Good thing too!

Smiles,
Susanne

No comments: