Friday, March 27, 2009

unabashed recommendation

As the title says, this is predominantly an unabashed recommendation. That gets this praise? Well if you like classical music - wfmt (www.wfmt.com) from which I enjoy live music direct from Chicago. It always tickles me to hear the time -always at odds with Finland- and weather -frequently at odds with Finland. I think the ads are... well I am digressing so I will be silent.

Of course I do not love everything I hear, but I am amazed at how much I do enjoy. Some of it I am even rediscovering. Things that I had loved as a kid I am actually learning the names of and who composed them... though I have to say that my filing system is as dreadful as my memory, I cannot find my list of names! I did find one: Khachaturian'sGayna Ballet Suite... and I think I was listening to Lohengrin... Drat! I really must improve my filing system! It is a good thing my head is still attached or I'd never find it! Remember: someone report me to the authorities if I forget my own name!

I use real Player (not an advertisement!) and watch Annabelle the Sheep. Once Annabelle even went to sleep! Amazing. And that brings Maso to mind and wanting 4 sheep - Maso has enough land to support 4 sheep. I've named my four imaginary sheep: Kerma (Cream - white wool), Cacao (Coco - dk brown wool), Kahvi (Coffee with very dk brwn/blk wool) and Keksi (Cookie -light tan wool). I like the naturally colored wools and if I need to dye wool I can always get a fifth sheep (white wool) Sokeri (Sugar). Ive saving dried onion skins for dying - nice rich orange. But of course I'd also want at least two milk goats as well (shades of my years at the US National Historic Site: the Carl Sandburg Home in East Flat Rock NC and memories of Mrs. Sandburg's Jennifer II who produced as much milk as most cows.

Yesterday I made wood finish/preservative/wax - bee's wax and Walnut oil. Breaker lapped up most of the oil, so I had to replace it. It's biodegradable and no poisonous. Also good for dry hands. I needed something to finish a small Niddy Noddy. Looks good now!

I'm off to do some language checking, a job application and a dissertation proposal. All need to be ready by Monday.

Smiles,
Susanne

No comments: